Dow Chemical (DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell $1.25 (-3.5%) to $34.83 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15.7 million shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.38-$35.14 after having opened the day at $34.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.08. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Lizhan Environmental (LZEN), down 11.9%, Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE), down 11.5%, Ferro (FOE), down 4.1%, and BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), down 3.8%. The Dow Chemical Company manufactures and supplies chemical products used as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services worldwide. Dow Chemical has a market cap of $41.31 billion and is part of the conglomerates sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.9, equal to the average conglomerates industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Dow Chemical a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dow Chemical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DOW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV