US Airways Group Inc (LCC): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
US Airways Group (LCC) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, US Airways Group rose 20 cents (2.1%) to $9.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10.5 million shares of US Airways Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.42-$10.05 after having opened the day at $9.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.60. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Frontline (FRO), up 7.5%, Sino-Global Shipping America (SINO), up 7.2%, Newlead Holdings (NEWL), up 7%, and American Railcar Industries (ARII), up 4.8%. US Airways Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides air transportation for passengers and cargo. US Airways Group has a market cap of $1.51 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.2, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 89.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate US Airways Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates US Airways Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full US Airways Group Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV