US Airways Group (LCC) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, US Airways Group rose 20 cents (2.1%) to $9.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10.5 million shares of US Airways Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.42-$10.05 after having opened the day at $9.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.60. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Frontline (FRO), up 7.5%, Sino-Global Shipping America (SINO), up 7.2%, Newlead Holdings (NEWL), up 7%, and American Railcar Industries (ARII), up 4.8%. US Airways Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides air transportation for passengers and cargo. US Airways Group has a market cap of $1.51 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.2, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 89.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate US Airways Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates US Airways Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full US Airways Group Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LCC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV