Qualcomm Inc. (QCOM): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner
Qualcomm (QCOM) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Qualcomm rose 65 cents (1%) to $63.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11.1 million shares of Qualcomm exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.10-$63.99 after having opened the day at $63.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.26. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Netgear (NTGR), up 13.6%, Equinix (EQIX), up 13.3%, America Movil S.A.B. de C.V (AMOV), up 10.2%, and Clearwire (CLWR), up 8.9%. QUALCOMM Incorporated designs, develops, manufactures, and markets digital telecommunications products and services. Qualcomm has a market cap of $106.05 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.7, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 18.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 30 analysts that rate Qualcomm a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Qualcomm as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Qualcomm Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV