Verizon Communications (VZ) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications rose 66 cents (1.7%) to $40.14 on average volume. Throughout the day, 17.5 million shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.40-$40.29 after having opened the day at $39.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.48. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Logitech International S.A (LOGI), up 21.4%, Recon Technology (RCON), up 21.4%, SolarWinds (SWI), up 20%, and Cirrus Logic (CRUS), up 18.6%. Verizon Communications Inc. provides communications, information, and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. It operates in two segments, Verizon Wireless and Wireline. Verizon Communications has a market cap of $112 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 42.5, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 42 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Verizon Communications a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Verizon Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Verizon Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VZ
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV