eBay (EBAY) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, eBay rose $1.19 (3%) to $41.05 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 18.5 million shares of eBay exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.01-$41.25 after having opened the day at $40.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.86. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Builders FirstSource (BLDR), up 11.4%, Lumber Liquidators Holdings (LL), up 9.8%, O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY), up 6.2%, and RadioShack (RSH), up 6%. eBay Inc. provides online platforms, services, and tools to help individuals and merchants in online and mobile commerce and payments in the United States and internationally. eBay has a market cap of $50.75 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.5, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 31.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate eBay a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates eBay as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full eBay Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about EBAY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV