Stryker Corporation (SYK): Today's Featured Health Services Winner
Stryker Corporation (SYK) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Stryker Corporation rose 38 cents (0.7%) to $54.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Stryker Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.89-$54.15 after having opened the day at $53.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.68. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Heartware International (HTWR), up 11.9%, Echo Therapeutics (ECTE), up 10.1%, SRI Surgical Express (STRC), up 10%, and Edap TMS (EDAP), up 9.6%. Stryker Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a medical technology company. The company operates in three segments: Reconstructive, MedSurg, and Neurotechnology and Spine. Stryker Corporation has a market cap of $20.27 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Stryker Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Stryker Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Stryker Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV