VMWare (VMW) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, VMWare rose $4.23 (4%) to $110.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of VMWare exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $106.73-$111.40 after having opened the day at $106.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $106.69. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Recon Technology (RCON), up 21.4%, SolarWinds (SWI), up 20%, Citrix Systems (CTXS), up 12.4%, and Parametric Technology Corporation (PMTC), up 10.2%. VMware, Inc. provides virtualization and virtualization-based cloud infrastructure solutions in the United States and internationally. VMWare has a market cap of $12.99 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 55.6, below the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 56.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate VMWare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates VMWare as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full VMWare Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VMW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV