Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras (PBR): Today's Featured Basic Materials Winner
Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras (PBR) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras rose 25 cents (1.1%) to $23.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11.5 million shares of Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.12-$23.72 after having opened the day at $23.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.38. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Houston American Energy Corporation (HUSA), up 35%, Recon Technology (RCON), up 21.4%, Flexible Solutions International (FSI), up 17.8%, and NewMarket Corporation (NEU), up 16.4%. Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. primarily engages in oil and natural gas exploration and production, refining, trade, and transportation businesses. Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras has a market cap of $153.47 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.6, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV