Is Obama's Latest Romney Slam Misleading?
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- At first you might think Barack Obama's team is slamming all oil billionaires as secretive and bankrolling Mitt Romney's campaign.
"Secretive oil billionaires are making good on their promise to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on Governor Romney's behalf attempting to defeat the president," Ben LaBolt, Obama's press secretary, said Thursday in a statement.
But a deeper look at the statement reveals that Obama's camp is really slamming Charles and David Koch and their ties to the conservative group Americans for Prosperity's attacks against the president.The Koch brothers, who run the private conglomerate Koch Industries,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV