Watson Pharmaceuticals shares increased 6.77% to $74.41.
The stock hit a
52-week high Thursday of $75.95 following the announcement Wednesday that Watson Pharmaceuticals
Other top-performing S&P 500 stocks on Thursday included:
- PulteGroup (PHM): The stock increased 10.11% Thursday to $9.58. The stock has risen 51.82% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives PulteGroup a D+ grade and sell rating.
- Cabot Oil & Gas (COG): The stock rose 7.21% Thursday to $33.00. The stock has fallen 13.16% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Cabot Oil & Gas a B- grade with a buy rating and $40.66 price target.
- Xilinx (XLNX): The stock increased 6.77% Thursday to$36.65. The stock has risen 14.32% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Xilinx an A grade with a buy rating and $42.27 price target.
- O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY): The stock rose 6.23% Thursday to $102.64. The stock has increased 28.38% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives O'Reilly Automotive an A grade with a buy rating and $125.99 price target.
- Electronic Arts (EA): The stock increased 6.13% Thursday to$15.93. The stock has fallen 22.67% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Electronic Arts a C- grade and hold rating.
- Interpublic Group (IPG): The stock rose 5.85% Thursday to $11.76. The stock has increased 20.86% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Interpublic Group a B grade with a buy rating and $12.54 price target.
- Lennar (LEN): The stock increased 5.71% Thursday to $27.38. The stock has risen 39.34% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Lennar a C+ grade and hold rating.
- Equifax (EFX): The stock rose 5.37% Thursday to $46.33. The stock has increased 19.59% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Equifax an A grade with a buy rating and $50.72 price target.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV