The S&P 500 rose 9.29 points, or 0.67%, to 1,399.98 on Thursday.
Shares of Citrix Systems gained 12.43% to $86.76. On Thursday, the stock was upgraded to outperform by FBR Securities analysts with a $100 price target after a big earnings beat.
The company reported Wednesday after the close first-quarter earnings of 59 cents a share, excluding items, up from year-earlier earnings of 50 cents. On average, analysts expected earnings of 51 cents a share.First quarter revenue grew 20% to $589 million. Citrix Systems trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 27.37X; the average for software companies is 30.58X. For comparison, Salesforce.com (CRM) has a higher forward P/E of 74.88X. Twenty-three of the 35 analysts who cover Citrix rated it buy. Eleven analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Citrix an A- grade with a buy rating and $90.32 price target. The stock has risen 42.89% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV