One last thing before I turn the call over to Gary. Our ranking as the world's leading FinTech provider is due in large part to the execution of a disciplined, highly successful acquisition strategy. Bill Foley begin laying the foundation for FIS in 2003, with the acquisition of Alltel Information Services, and served as Board Chairman since taking the company public in 2006 through March 2012. On behalf of our board, our management team and our employees around the world, we would like to extend our sincere appreciation to Bill for the outstanding vision and leadership he has contributed in the creation and evolution of our company. We look forward to his ongoing involvement with FIS as Vice Chairman of the Board.
Now I will turn the call over to Gary for the business report. Gary?
Gary A. Norcross
Thanks, Frank, and thanks to everyone for being with us today. My presentation begins on Slide 9. I'll begin with an update on the global sales climate, followed by a summary of business highlights for the quarter. Although the regulatory environment has created challenges for financial institutions, they are moving forward, developing and executing new revenue strategies. We are encouraged by the renewed focus on growth and investing for the future. Ongoing initiatives to improve efficiencies continue to favor outsourcing over in-house solutions. While we anticipate that 2012 will continue to be a time of transition for the financial industry, we believe that the outlook for the banking sector and the economy as a whole is improving.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV