Tessera Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSRA) (the “Company” or “we”) announced its results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
“The first quarter of 2012 was an important quarter for the Company. In our DigitalOptics segment, we met significant milestones in the ongoing transformation of our DigitalOptics business into an original design manufacturer with high-volume manufacturing capabilities for next-generation camera modules,” stated Robert A. Young, chief executive officer and president, Tessera Technologies, Inc. “We announced a key step toward high-volume manufacturing of devices using our Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) technology – the execution of a definitive agreement with Flextronics International Ltd. to acquire certain assets of Vista Point Technologies, a Tier 1 qualified camera module manufacturing business. We continue to build out our team, develop our supply chain, engage with multiple Tier 1 mobile phone suppliers, and make progress towards our first design win for our MEMS actuator.
“In our Intellectual Property segment we successfully renewed four licensees in the first quarter, including two well-known Japanese electronics manufacturers.
“We also announced the initiation of a quarterly dividend of $0.10 per share of common stock, demonstrating our confidence in the Company’s long-term cash generation ability, and ability to fund our growth initiatives. We look forward to sharing our continued progress with our investors.”First Quarter 2012
- Total revenues were $46.7 million.
- Intellectual Property segment revenues were $39.0 million.
- DigitalOptics segment revenues were $7.7 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV