Evans Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company) (NYSE Amex: EVBN), a community financial services company serving Western New York since 1920, announced that its Board of Directors has named John R. O’Brien as Chairman of the Board of Directors at its regular meeting that followed the Company’s Annual Meeting today.
Mr. O’Brien, a director of the Company since 2003, has served as Vice Chairman of the Board since 2008. He was previously the Executive Director of Financial Administration for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, New York, retiring in June 2004. Mr. O’Brien also previously served as an audit partner with KPMG, LLP, a national accounting and consulting firm, for 20 years.
“This is further recognition of John’s strong leadership amongst his colleagues, and we congratulate him on his new governance role on the Board,” stated Company President and CEO, David J. Nasca. “John’s extensive executive experience and his partnership at a national accounting and consulting firm will allow for a seamless transition as we continue to move the Company forward in this evolving economic climate.”
Mr. O’Brien will replace current Board Chairman, Phillip Brothman, who announced earlier this year that he would not run for re-election as Chairman. Mr. Brothman, who has served as Board Chairman since January 2001, will continue to serve on the Board of Directors.An additional leadership appointment was made by the Board of Directors, naming Lee C. Wortham Vice-Chairman of the Board. Mr. Wortham, a director of the Company since 2011, has been a Partner in Barrantys LLC, a consultant and service provider to high net-worth families and family offices, since 2007. Prior to his role with Barrantys, Mr. Wortham was Executive Vice President of the Wealth Management Group of First Niagara Financial Group and has held senior executive positions with JP Morgan Chase and Bank of New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV