Pernix Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. (NYSE Amex: PTX) (“Pernix” or the “Company”), a specialty pharmaceutical company, today announced that it has completed its At-the-Market (ATM) offering with Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. Today, the Company sold approximately 2.7 million shares of common stock under the ATM agreement for total net proceeds of approximately $21.3 million.
In February 2012, Pernix initiated the ATM program to sell up to $25 million of its common stock through Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. The Company previously sold 269,500 shares of common stock under its ATM program for total net proceeds of approximately $2.5 million. No further sales of Common Stock will be made under this program. Pernix intends to use the net proceeds from the ATM program to fund future acquisitions and for general corporate purposes.
About Pernix Therapeutics Holdings, Inc.
Pernix Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company
primarily focused on the sales, marketing, and development of branded
and generic pharmaceutical products. The Company manages a portfolio of
branded and generic products and Theobromine, a non-codeine, cough
suppressant product candidate in development. The Company’s branded
products for the pediatrics market include CEDAX®, an antibiotic for
middle ear infections, NATROBA™, a topical treatment for head lice
marketed under an exclusive co-promotion agreement with ParaPRO, LLC, a
family of prescription treatments for cough and cold (BROVEX®, ALDEX®
and PEDIATEX®) and REZYST IM™, a probiotic blend to promote dietary
management. The Company promotes its branded products through an
established U.S. sales force. Pernix also markets generic products
through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Macoven Pharmaceuticals. Founded in
1996, the Company is based in The Woodlands, TX.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV