Revlon, Inc. (NYSE: REV) today announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
First quarter 2012 results compared to first quarter 2011:
- Net sales of $330.7 million compared to $333.2 million. Excluding the unfavorable impact of foreign currency fluctuations of $4.0 million, first quarter 2012 net sales increased $1.5 million.
- Operating income of $44.3 million compared to $44.7 million.
- Income before income taxes of $19.5 million compared to $18.1 million.
- Net income of $8.5 million, or $0.16 per diluted share, compared to $10.4 million, or $0.20 per diluted share.
- Adjusted EBITDA a of $60.0 million compared to $60.7 million.
- Net cash used in operating activities of $20.4 million compared to net cash provided by operating activities of $24.1 million; free cash flow b was negative $23.9 million compared to positive free cash flow of $21.7 million. The first quarter of 2012 was impacted primarily by the renewal and partial prepayment of certain multi-year insurance programs; higher sales returns and allowances as expected and previously accrued for by the Company in the fourth quarter of 2011; and other changes in working capital.
Commenting on today’s announcement, Revlon President and Chief Executive Officer, Alan T. Ennis, said, “We continue to focus on driving top-line profitable growth and, in the first quarter of 2012, we grew net sales and delivered competitive margins. We remain focused on building our strong brands by launching and appropriately supporting innovative new products and we are pleased with our new product launches so far this year.”
First Quarter 2012 ResultsNet sales in the first quarter of 2012 were $330.7 million compared to $333.2 million in the first quarter of 2011. Excluding unfavorable foreign currency fluctuations of $4.0 million, net sales increased $1.5 million, or 0.5% compared to the first quarter of 2011. The first quarter of 2012 benefited from higher net sales of Revlon color cosmetics and Revlon ColorSilk hair color, and the inclusion of the net sales of SinfulColors for a full quarter. These increases were partially offset by lower net sales of Almay color cosmetics and fragrances, as well as lower net sales in Venezuela due to the June 2011 fire at the Company’s local facility. In 2011, the results of operations from the SinfulColors acquisition were included in the consolidated financial statements commencing on the date of acquisition, March 17, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV