A new book on Apple's (AAPL) success, Insanely Simple: The Obsession That Drives Apple's Success reveals that Jobs wanted to run a contest where he would've dressed up in a full Willy Wonka costume, and put a golden ticket in an iMac box, which would represent the one millionth iMac.
The lucky buyer would've been refunded the price, flown to Cupertino Calif., and taken on a tour of Apple's campus.
"Steve had already instructed his internal creative group to design a prototype golden certificate, which he shared with us. But the killer was that Steve wanted to go all out on this. He wanted to meet the lucky winner in full Willy Wonka garb. Yes, complete with top hat and tails," wrote Ken Segal, the book's author.Despite California law prohibiting such a contest, this goes to show you that Jobs was the most charismatic and awe inspiring CEO of a company, perhaps ever. The only other one that comes to my mind would be Walt Disney, and look at the run he led Walt Disney (DIS) on, prior to his death. Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-dee, If you are wise you'll listen to me. Steve Jobs as Willy Wonka? I'd buy that golden ticket, for sure. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV