Ronald De Feo
Thank you and good morning ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for your interest in Terex today. On the call with me this morning is Phil Widman, our Senior Vice President and CFO; Tom Gelston, Vice President of Investor Relations, and participating on the call and available for your questions will be our leadership team, including our business segment presidents and geographic representation from China and developing markets.
As usual, a replay of this call will be archived on the Terex website, www.terex.com, under Audio Archives in the Investor Relations section. I’ll begin with some overall commentary and highlights and Phil will follow with a more detailed financial report, and then of course we’ll open it to your questions. I’d like to request that you ask one question and a follow-up in order to give everyone a chance to participate.
For the call, we’ve prepared a presentation guide to the commentary – that’s available on our website. I’m going to begin by referring to the forward-looking statements and the commentary on that relative to Page 2. I encourage you to read and review the materials, as well as other disclosure available in our public documents.So now let me begin on Page 3. Overall, I think we began 2012 quite positively. Simply stated, AWP performance improved markedly, cranes returned to solid profitability, our construction business broke even, our newly acquired materials handling and port solution segment performed as expected, the materials processing business had strong performance and our highest margins, plus we generated solid free cash flow. As I look at the global business environment, it continues to support our 2012 financial plan. Most of our end markets are in recovery mode. North America is performing well, as is Australia. Our road building business in North America continues to be challenged, however, as you know, and our European performance is spotty.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV