Exco Resources (XCO) is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the exploration, exploitation, development and production of onshore the U.S. oil and natural gas properties with a focus on shale resource plays. This stock is trading up 6.4% to $6.79 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $6.31-$6.8452-Week Range: $5.65-$1.03 Volume: 3.6 million Three-Month Average Volume: 6.3 million From a technical perspective, XCO is moving notably higher today on light volume. This move has now pushed XCO into breakout territory above some near-term overhead resistance at $6.42. This stock is also flirting with taking out its 50-day moving average of $6.77 today. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if XCO can manage to sustain a move or close back above its 50-day with high volume. Look for volume on that move that's near or well above 6,304,680 shares. If we get that action soon, look for XCO to re-test its next resistance levels at $7.50 to $7.88 in the near future. Exco was also featured in "14 Deal-Ready Stocks for a M&A Boom."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV