RICHMOND, Va., April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Media General, Inc. (NYSE: MEG) said today that shareholders at the company's 2012 Annual Meeting re-elected nine directors to one-year terms: J. Stewart Bryan III, chairman; Scott D. Anthony, Diana F. Cantor, Dennis J. FitzSimons, Marshall N. Morton, Thompson L. Rankin, Rodney A. Smolla, Carl S. Thigpen and Coleman Wortham III. The meeting was held in Richmond.
At the meeting, Marshall N. Morton, president and chief executive officer, reported on the state of the company. A copy of the full report is posted on the company's website www.mediageneral.com in the Investor Relations section under Presentations.
About Media General
Media General is a leading provider of news, information and entertainment across multiple media platforms, serving consumers and advertisers in strong local markets, primarily in the Southeastern United States. The company is transforming itself over time to a digital media model, while continuing to effectively manage its larger, cash producing broadcast television and print platforms. Media General's operations are organized in five geographic market segments and a sixth segment that includes the company's interactive advertising services and certain other operations. The company's operations include 18 network-affiliated television stations and their associated websites and 23 newspapers and their associated websites. Media General operates three digital media advertising services companies: Blockdot, a specialty digital agency; DealTaker.com, a shopping website; and NetInformer, a wireless marketing services provider.SOURCE Media General, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV