- Net sales totaled $1.3 billion.
- Gross margin as a percentage of net sales increased to 17.7 percent, the highest quarterly rate since 2010.
- Adjusted diluted earnings was $0.49 per share, an increase of 4.3 percent from the first quarter of 2011 and at the upper end of management’s guidance of $0.43 to $0.49 per share.
- Facility consolidation charges totaled $8.3 million.
- Cash flow generated from operating activities totaled $48.8 million compared to a use of cash during the first quarter of 2011.
- Bemis’ quarterly dividend increased by 4.2 percent, from $0.24 per share to $0.25 per share.
- Management established earnings guidance for the second quarter of 2012 in the range of $0.51 to $0.57 per share, and confirmed total year 2012 earnings guidance in the range of $2.05 to $2.20 per share.
Bemis Company Reports 2012 First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.