- For the first quarter of 2012, we generated record total Available Cash before Reserves of $39.6 million, an increase of $7.8 million, or 24%, over the first quarter of 2011. Available Cash before Reserves is a non-GAAP measure that is defined and reconciled later in this press release to its most directly comparable GAAP financial measure, net income.
- The Partnership reported net income for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 of $19.6 million or $0.27 per unit compared to $7.0 million or $0.11 per unit for the same period in 2011.
- We completed the acquisition of interests in several Gulf of Mexico crude oil pipeline systems from Marathon in January 2012. The acquired Gulf of Mexico pipeline interests contributed throughput volumes over 250,000 barrels per day during the first quarter of 2012. We also increased volumes in our Supply and Logistics segment over 20% from the first quarter of last year reflecting our ability to capitalize on the increase in activity in the shale oil areas in Texas and Wyoming.
- During the first quarter of 2012, we issued 5,750,000 common units in an equity offering to the public, and we issued $100 million of face value notes in a private placement. The proceeds from the two events, net of issuance costs, was $268 million, which was used to repay borrowings under our credit facility.
- On May 15, 2012, we will pay a total quarterly distribution of $35.8 million attributable to our financial and operational results for the first quarter of 2012, based on our quarterly declared distribution of $0.45 per unit. Our Available Cash before Reserves provided 1.11 times coverage for this quarterly distribution. Our coverage ratio was impacted by the issuance of common units in late March 2012. Exclusive of these units, the coverage ratio of Available Cash for the distribution related to the units outstanding throughout the quarter was 1.2 times.
Genesis Energy, L.P. Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.