- Adjusted EBITDA increased $2.7 million (11.6%) during Q1 2012 to $26.0 million as compared to $23.3 million in Q1 2011.
- Operating Income increased $0.3 million (4.1%) during Q1 2012 to $7.7 million as compared to $7.4 million in Q1 2011.
- Total revenues were $145.9 million for Q1 2012 compared to $127.8 million in Q1 2011, an increase of 14.2%.
- Net loss applicable to common shareholders of $0.8 million ($0.06 per basic and diluted share) for Q1 2012 compared to a Q1 2011 net loss of $18.0 million ($1.45 per basic and diluted share). Q1 2011 net loss included $20.2 million of charges related to the refinancing of debt.
- Westmoreland again continued its strong safety performance achieving reportable and lost time incident rates approximately 85.8% and 76.4%, respectively, of the national averages for surface operations for the first quarter of 2012.
- During the first quarter of 2012, Westmoreland’s Jewett Mine was selected as the winner of the Texas 2012 reclamation award by the Railroad Commission of Texas’ Surface Mining and Reclamation Division for its “Jewett Mine Stream Restoration Initiative.”
Westmoreland Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.