Artio Global Investors Reports First Quarter 2012 Results; Announces Dividend Of $0.02 Per Share
Artio Global Investors Inc. (NYSE: ART) (“Artio Global Investors”, together with its subsidiaries, “Artio Global” or the “Company”) today reported its results for the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
- Adjusted 1 net income attributable to Artio Global Investors of $6.5 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, for the first quarter of 2012 (GAAP net income attributable to Artio Global Investors of $4.6 million, or $0.08 per diluted share)
- Assets under management of $26.6 billion as of March 31, 2012
- Investment management fees of $42.8 million for the first quarter of 2012
- Effective fee rate 2 of 60.3 basis points for the first quarter of 2012
- Repaid outstanding principal balance of $37.5 million on term debt in the first quarter of 2012
- Quarterly dividend of $0.02 per share on Class A common stock
The Company’s adjusted results for all periods assume the Principals’ 3 non-controlling interests have been fully exchanged for shares of Class A common stock and exclude the amortization of restricted stock units (“RSUs”) granted at the time of the Company’s initial public offering (“IPO”). The Company’s adjusted results for the first quarter of 2012 also exclude certain costs associated with organizational changes and the write-off of unamortized debt issuance costs in connection with the early repayment of the term debt. Adjusted results are presented to provide more meaningful comparisons between periods.
For the first quarter of 2012, adjusted net income attributable to Artio Global Investors was $6.5 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, a decrease in each case of 35%, from adjusted net income attributable to Artio Global Investors of $10.0 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2011, and a decrease of 73% in each case from adjusted net income attributable to Artio Global Investors of $24.2 million, or $0.41 per diluted share, for the first quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV