During the three months ended March 31, 2012, the Company paid a regular, quarterly cash dividend totaling $11.9 million ($1.00 per share). The Company had $80.0 million of share repurchase authorization remaining at March 31, 2012. No shares were repurchased in the first quarter 2012.
For the first quarter 2012, bad debt expense as a percentage of revenues was 3.8% compared to 3.5% for the same period in 2011. Days sales outstanding was 14 days at the end of the first quarter of 2012 compared to 13 days at the end of the first quarter of 2011.
Total enrollments at Strayer University for the 2012 spring term decreased 9% to 50,896 students compared to 55,974 students for the same term in 2011. Across the Strayer University campus and online system, new student enrollments increased 12%, while continuing student enrollments decreased 13%. Global online students decreased 6%. Students taking 100% of their classes online (including campus based students) also decreased 6%.
|Campus Based Students:|
|New Campuses (27 in operation 3 years or less)|
|Total New Campus Based Students||3,797||4,761||25%|
|Mature Campuses (65 in operation more than 3 years)|
|Total Mature Campus Based Students||46,702||40,989||-12%|
|Total Campus Based Students||50,499||45,750||-9%|
|Global Online Students||5,475||5,146||-6%|
|Total University Enrollment||55,974||50,896||-9%|
|Total Students Taking 100% of Courses Online||32,269||30,389||-6%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV