- Revenues for the three months ended March 31, 2012 decreased 13% to $149.5 million, compared to $172.0 million for the same period in 2011, principally due to lower enrollment partly offset by a 3% tuition increase which commenced in January 2012.
- Income from operations was $40.9 million compared to $59.2 million for the same period in 2011, a decrease of 31%. Operating income margin was 27.3% compared to 34.4% for the same period in 2011.
- Net income was $24.0 million compared to $35.8 million for the same period in 2011, a decrease of 33%. Diluted earnings per share was $2.09 compared to $2.80 for the same period in 2011, a decrease of 25%. Diluted weighted average shares outstanding decreased 10% to 11,477,000 from 12,794,000 for the same period in 2011.
Strayer Education, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2012 Revenues And Earnings; And Spring Term 2012 Enrollments
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.