- Revenues for the three months ended March 31, 2012 decreased 13% to $149.5 million, compared to $172.0 million for the same period in 2011, principally due to lower enrollment partly offset by a 3% tuition increase which commenced in January 2012.
- Income from operations was $40.9 million compared to $59.2 million for the same period in 2011, a decrease of 31%. Operating income margin was 27.3% compared to 34.4% for the same period in 2011.
- Net income was $24.0 million compared to $35.8 million for the same period in 2011, a decrease of 33%. Diluted earnings per share was $2.09 compared to $2.80 for the same period in 2011, a decrease of 25%. Diluted weighted average shares outstanding decreased 10% to 11,477,000 from 12,794,000 for the same period in 2011.
Strayer Education, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2012 Revenues And Earnings; And Spring Term 2012 Enrollments
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.