WNS (Holdings) Limited (NYSE: WNS), a leading provider of global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services, has been recognized by Institute Of Directors (IOD), with the Golden Peacock Global Award for Corporate Social Responsibility 2012. WNS has won this prestigious global award for its ongoing ‘Community Development and Outreach Program,’ under the auspices of the WNS Cares Foundation (WCF). WCF endeavors towards creating a better and sustainable future for underprivileged children and youth at WNS’s locations across the globe. The award was presented to WNS in a gala award ceremony by His Excellency, Humaid Mohammed Obaid Al Qutami, Minister of Education, Government of UAE at the 7th International Conference on Social Responsibility held between April 24 and April 26, 2012, in Dubai. Keshav R. Murugesh, WNS’s Group CEO, also participated in the summit as the Chair Person and chief moderator of the key note session on “Social Innovation – The Driver of Economic Growth.”
WCF received this award for its noteworthy contribution towards the education of underprivileged children. Over 120 activities have been conducted by WCF in a short span of 14 months, helping more than 23,000 beneficiaries in 17 locations. Programs have included establishment of libraries & computer centers; book, dictionary and laptop donation drives; reading programs; sports activities, and mentoring programs.
"We are pleased to announce that WNS is a winner of the Golden Peacock Global Award for Social Responsibility for 2011-2012. WNS was adjudged the winner of the Social Responsibility Global award for continuous and significant contribution through WCF towards education of underprivileged children," said Manoj K Raut, CEO and Director, Institute of Directors. "Congratulations to WNS and the WCF team for their commendable effort in supporting the less-privileged community," he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV