THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Royal Dutch Shell's (NYSE: RDS.A) (NYSE: RDS.B) first quarter 2012 earnings, on a current cost of supplies (CCS) basis (see Note 1), were $7.7 billion compared with $6.9 billion in the same quarter a year ago.
- First quarter 2012 CCS earnings excluding identified items (see page 5) were $7.3 billion compared with $6.3 billion in the first quarter 2011, an increase of 16%.
- Basic CCS earnings per share excluding identified items for the first quarter 2012 increased by 15% versus the same quarter a year ago.- Cash flow from operating activities for the first quarter 2012 was $13.4 billion. Excluding net working capital movements, cash flow from operating activities in the first quarter 2012 was $12.7 billion. - Capital investment for the first quarter 2012 was $7.0 billion. Net capital investment (see Note 1) for the quarter was $4.6 billion. Total dividends distributed in the quarter were $2.7 billion, of which $1.0 billion were settled under the Scrip Dividend Programme. - Gearing at the end of the first quarter 2012 was 9.9%. - A first quarter 2012 dividend has been announced of $0.43 per ordinary share and $0.86 per American Depositary Share (ADS), an increase of 2.4% compared with the first quarter 2011 US dollar dividend.
Summary OF unaudited results $ million Quarters Q1 2012 Q4 2011 Q1 2011 % Income attributable to shareholders 8,719 6,500 8,780 -1 Current cost of supplies (CCS) adjustment for Downstream (1,060) (41) (1,855) CCS earnings 7,659 6,459 6,925 +11 Less: Identified items 380 1,613 637 CCS earnings excluding identified items 7,279 4,846 6,288 +16 Of which: Upstream 6,253 5,107 4,638 Downstream 1,121 (278) 1,653 Corporate and Non-controlling interest (95) 17 (3) Cash flow from operating activities 13,439 6,465 8,621 +56 Basic CCS earnings per share ($) 1.23 1.04 1.12 +10 Basic CCS earnings per ADS ($) 2.46 2.08 2.24 Basic CCS earnings per share excl. identified items ($) 1.17 0.78 1.02 +15 Basic CCS earnings per ADS excl. identified items ($) 2.34 1.56 2.04 Dividend per share ($) 0.43 0.42 0.42 +2 Dividend per ADS ($) 0.86 0.84 0.84  Q1 on Q1 change  See page 5Royal Dutch Shell Chief Executive Officer Peter Voser commented: "We are making good progress against our targets to deliver a more competitive performance. Our profits pay for Shell's dividends and substantial investments in new energy projects, to ensure affordable, reliable energy supplies for our customers, which create value for our shareholders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV