BENTONVILLE, Ark., April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Fans of Marvel's The Avengers, prepare for game play! Beginning today, in advance of the film release of Marvel's The Avengers on May 4, only Walmart customers will have access to the Super Hero Augmented Reality (AR) game featuring their favorite Avengers, including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow. This new "Super Hero AR" app is available now for download at the iTunes App Store and Android Market. Once downloaded, customers have instant access to Hawkeye, and only from the aisles of their local Walmart stores, customers can then "unlock" the superpowers of the five remaining Avengers and ultimately save the world.
"Walmart is bringing this summer's most anticipated blockbuster into stores through a first-of-its-kind augmented reality experience which bridges the gap between the physical store and mobile gaming," said Seong Ohm, senior vice president and general merchandise manager for entertainment, Walmart U.S. "We're committed to creating engaging and fun experiences at Walmart, and we've tapped different areas of the store for movie fans to interact with the mobile app while shopping the more than 600 Marvel's The Avengers merchandise available."
With more than 100 million augmented reality-capable smartphones in operation today 1, Walmart is putting the devices to good use. Customers can use "Super Hero AR" in two modes, Game Mode and Photo Capture Mode. Here is how it works:Game Mode: Collect All Six Superpowers and Save the World
- Download the "Super Hero AR" App from the iTunes App Store or Android Market that also includes instant access to Hawkeye and his superpowers;
- Visit a local Walmart with your enabled smart device;
- Seek out specific images on Marvel's The Avengers signage located in various departments around the store including apparel, grocery, toys and wireless;*
- Aim your smart devices at the target image to unlock each Super Hero's power;
- Collect the powers of the five remaining Avengers and get a chance to defeat Loki and win the game.
- Activate "photo capture mode" from an Marvel's The Avengers DVD pallet in-store; a 3-D model of the Super Hero depicted on the DVD pallet will become visible on your phone;
- Take a photo with your favorite Avenger;
- Share it with friends on Facebook or via email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV