As you’ve seen we’ve released a short while ago our financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2012. If you have not received our news release or if you would like to be added to the company’s distribution list, please call Ruben at 858-646-8023.
For today’s call, Doug will give you some color on Q1 and discuss a variety of developments in our exciting pipeline of products for new and expanded markets and geographies. I will then briefly discuss our financial results and we’ll then open the call for your questions. I’ll now hand the call over to Doug for his comments.
Thanks, Randy. As you’ve seen from our release total revenues in Q1 were $38 million compared to $59.6 million in Q1 2011, and equivalent to the $38 million of revenue that we achieved in Q4 2011. While disappointing these results aren’t surprising given the infectious disease category represented the majority of the decline. Sales in this category declined 45% versus Q1 last year due to the unseasonably mild winter and flu and respiratory disease season. As disclosed previously there was a low ILI incidence through the first two months and activity failed to cross the 2.4% national baseline.While we have some reason to believe that there was an uptrend toward the end of the season we don’t have complete data on that at this time. Despite the lack of a meaningful flu season, however, the quarter was notable for several significant accomplishments which are important to our strategic transformation into a broader-based diagnostic company and our efforts to reduce the kind of volatility that we saw in Q1. The two developments we are currently most excited about and which we believe are particularly important to our future are the commercialization of our revolutionary Sofia product and the remarkable advances we’re making on the molecular diagnostics technology front.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV