A supplies and fixtures player that key insiders are loading up in is Apogee Enterprises (APOG), which is engaged in the designing and development of value-added glass products, services and systems. Insiders are buying shares into some decent strength since the stock is up 19% so far in 2012.
Apogee Enterprises has a market cap of $404 million and an enterprise value of $370 million. This stock trades at a premium valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings 87.60 and a forward price-to-earnings of 19.25. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 188.20%, and for next year it's pegged at 55.1%. This is a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $54.03 million and its total debt is $20.92 million.The CEO and president just bough 18,600 shares, or $250,000 worth of stock, at $13.42 per share. >>10 Industrial Stocks Poised for a Rebound From a technical perspective, APOG is currently trading above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has consistently found buying interest during the last four months whenever it's trading down near $12 a share. The stock has also just triggered a near-term breakout with APOG moving above some overhead resistance at $13.70 to $13.80 on heavy volume. This move is quickly pushing APOG within range of triggering another big breakout trade. If you're a bull on APOG, I would look for long-biased trades if this stock can trigger a breakout above some near-term overhead resistance at $14.93 to $14.97 a share with high-volume. Look for volume on that move that's near or well above its three-month average action of 100,592 shares. If we get that action soon, look for APOG to easily hit $16 a share or much higher in the near future. I would simply avoid any long traders in APOG if it moves back below $13.80 to $13.46 (its 50-day) with heavy volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV