Energy: The Theme Continues
As noted in the first part of this look at M&A, the energy sector has seen a heavy amount of deal-making over the last few years as companies such as ExxonMobil (XOM) and France's Total (TOT) expand their regional footprints. The industry is a matchmaker's delight: Major players have huge piles of cash lying around while smaller cash-strapped players are sitting on valuable acreage but can't exploit their energy fields due to decade-low natural gas prices.
Who might be in play in coming quarters? Names to check out include Sandridge Energy (SD), Exco Resources (XCO), Forest Oil (FST) and Quicksilver Resources (KWK). All are valued at less than $3 billion, which makes them available for just a few quarters cash flow form the industry's bigger players.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV