HOUSTON, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Parker Drilling Company (NYSE: PKD) (Company) today announced that it has closed its previously announced sale of $125 million aggregate principal amount of 9 1/8% senior notes due 2018 in а private offering. The notes are unsecured and guaranteed by substantially all of the Company's direct and indirect domestic subsidiaries other than immaterial subsidiaries and subsidiaries generating revenue primarily outside the United States. The notes will mature on April 1, 2018.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering of the notes to fund the Company's previously announced tender offer for any and all of the $125 million outstanding principal amount of the Company's 2.125% convertible senior notes due 2012; to pay related fees and expenses; and, to the extent it has remaining proceeds, for general corporate purposes. The consummation of the offering of the notes satisfies the financing condition of the tender offer.
The notes have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (Securities Act), or any state securities laws and, unless so registered, may not be offered or sold in the United States except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws. The notes were offered only to qualified institutional buyers in reliance on Rule 144A under the Securities Act and non-U.S. persons in transactions outside the United States in reliance on Regulation S under the Securities Act.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any notes nor shall there be any sale of notes in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV