AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported record first quarter sales. Earnings per share equaled the prior year’s all-time high first quarter earnings per share.
First Quarter 2012 Summary
- Reported sales grew 3% (6% excluding currency effects) to first quarter record of $592 million
- Changes in currency exchange rates negatively affected results
- Each segment’s sales increased over the prior year
- Operating income rose to record first quarter level of $70.4 million
- Earnings per share of $.64 were equal to the prior year’s record first quarter level
FIRST QUARTER RESULTS
For the quarter ended March 31, 2012, reported sales increased 3% to $592.5 million from $576.5 million a year ago. Changes in currency exchange rates had a negative effect of 3% on the sales growth.
| First Quarter Segment Sales Analysis
(Change Over Prior Year)
|Product Sales (including tooling)||3||%||8||%||11||%||6||%|
|Total Reported Growth||0||%||6||%||10||%||3||%|