Anixter International (AXE) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Anixter International fell $2.56 (-3.7%) to $66.97 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 665,976 shares of Anixter International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 237,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $66.68-$69.60 after having opened the day at $69.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.53. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: SMF Energy Corporation (FUEL), down 9.1%, SRI Surgical Express (STRC), down 5.8%, Houston Wire & Cable Company (HWCC), down 3.5%, and Chindex International (CHDX), down 2.9%. Anixter International Inc., together with its subsidiaries, distributes communication and security products, electrical wire and cable products, and fasteners and other small parts. Anixter International has a market cap of $2.31 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.2, below the average wholesale industry P/E ratio of 13 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Anixter International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Anixter International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Anixter International Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AXE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV