Rogers Communications (RCI) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Rogers Communications fell $2.02 (-5.1%) to $37.44 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Rogers Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 349,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.46-$38.25 after having opened the day at $38.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.46. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Alvarion (ALVR), down 10.8%, Phazar Corporation (ANTP), down 10.8%, Powerwave Technologies (PWAV), down 10.1%, and America Movil S.A.B. de C.V (AMOV), down 9%. Rogers Communications Inc. operates as a communications and media company in Canada. The company's Wireless segment provides retail and business voice and data wireless communications services. It operates a global system for mobile communications and general packet radio service network. Rogers Communications has a market cap of $20.75 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.5, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 14 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Rogers Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Rogers Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Rogers Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RCI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV