AutoNation (AN) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, AutoNation fell 34 cents (-1%) to $33.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of AutoNation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 969,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.57-$34.54 after having opened the day at $34.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.58. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Golfsmith International Holdings (GOLF), down 6.5%, Lentuo International (LAS), down 4.5%, Trans World Entertainment (TWMC), down 3.5%, and Rush (RUSHB), down 3%. AutoNation, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an automotive retailer in the United States. AutoNation has a market cap of $4.27 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.4, below the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio of 17.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate AutoNation a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AutoNation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full AutoNation Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AN
AutoNation Becomes #167 Most Shorted S&P 500 Component, Replacing International Flavors & Fragrances
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV