AutoNation (AN) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, AutoNation fell 34 cents (-1%) to $33.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of AutoNation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 969,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.57-$34.54 after having opened the day at $34.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.58. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Golfsmith International Holdings (GOLF), down 6.5%, Lentuo International (LAS), down 4.5%, Trans World Entertainment (TWMC), down 3.5%, and Rush (RUSHB), down 3%. AutoNation, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an automotive retailer in the United States. AutoNation has a market cap of $4.27 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.4, below the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio of 17.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate AutoNation a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AutoNation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full AutoNation Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV