Kroger Co (KR): Today's Featured Retail Loser
Kroger (KR) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Kroger fell 12 cents (-0.5%) to $23.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of Kroger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of six million shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.09-$23.44 after having opened the day at $23.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.31. Other company's within the Retail industry that declined today were: QKL Stores (QKLS), down 10.7%, Jones Group (JNY), down 8.1%, China Jo-Jo Drugstores (CJJD), down 3.8%, and Cache (CACH), down 3.1%. The Kroger Co., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer in the United States. The company also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. Kroger has a market cap of $13.03 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Kroger a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kroger as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its revenue growth. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Kroger Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV