Owens Corning Incorporated (OC): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Loser
Owens Corning Incorporated (OC) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Owens Corning Incorporated fell $1.20 (-3.5%) to $33.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9.4 million shares of Owens Corning Incorporated exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.41-$33.72 after having opened the day at $31.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.55. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Nobility Homes (NOBH), down 14.2%, India Globalization Capital (IGC), down 11.4%, Continental Materials Corporation (CUO), down 4.2%, and Perma-Fix Environmental Services (PESI), down 3.7%. Owens Corning engages in the provision of composite and building materials systems worldwide. It operates in two segments, Composites and Building Materials. Owens Corning Incorporated has a market cap of $4.06 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Owens Corning Incorporated a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Owens Corning Incorporated as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Owens Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV