Torchmark Corporation (TMK): Today's Featured Insurance Loser
Torchmark Corporation (TMK) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Torchmark Corporation fell 85 cents (-1.7%) to $48.04 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Torchmark Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 853,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.03-$48.65 after having opened the day at $47.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.89. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: 21st Century Holding Company (TCHC), down 4.6%, Imperial Holdings (IFT), down 4.3%, Genworth Financial (GNW), down 2.9%, and Kingsway Financial Services (KFS), down 2.6%. Torchmark Corporation, an insurance holding company, provides individual life and supplemental health insurance, and annuities, to middle income households in the United States. Torchmark Corporation has a market cap of $4.82 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.2, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Torchmark Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Torchmark Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV