Rent-A-Center Inc. (RCII): Today's Featured Diversified Services Loser
Rent-A-Center (RCII) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Rent-A-Center fell 28 cents (-0.8%) to $34.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Rent-A-Center exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 688,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.54-$35.40 after having opened the day at $35.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.08. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: Iconix Brand Group (ICON), down 14.6%, Zipcar (ZIP), down 10.8%, Rainmaker Systems (RMKR), down 9.1%, and Information Services Group (III), down 6.9%. Rent-A-Center, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, primarily engages in leasing household durable goods to customers on a rent-to-own basis. Rent-A-Center has a market cap of $2.17 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.4, below the average diversified services industry P/E ratio of 13.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Rent-A-Center a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Rent-A-Center as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Rent-A-Center Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV