Iconix Brand Group Inc. (ICON): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
Iconix Brand Group (ICON) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Iconix Brand Group fell $2.49 (-14.6%) to $14.53 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9.2 million shares of Iconix Brand Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 901,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.27-$15.49 after having opened the day at $14.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.02. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Shiner International (BEST), down 9.8%, Fibria Celulose (FBR), down 5.8%, Forward Industries (FORD), down 5.5%, and Cereplast (CERP), down 5%. Iconix Brand Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in licensing, marketing, and providing trend direction for a portfolio of consumer brands primarily in the United States, Canada, Japan, and Europe. Iconix Brand Group has a market cap of $1.23 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.1, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Iconix Brand Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Iconix Brand Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Iconix Brand Group Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV