Sensata Technologies Holding B.V. (ST): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
Sensata Technologies Holding B.V (ST) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Sensata Technologies Holding B.V fell 79 cents (-2.4%) to $32.04 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Sensata Technologies Holding B.V exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 533,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.36-$32.55 after having opened the day at $32.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.83. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Cybex International (CYBI), down 9.2%, iRobot Corporation (IRBT), down 6.6%, Chromcraft Revington (CRC), down 5.3%, and LJ International (JADE), down 3.1%. Sensata Technologies Holding N.V., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and sells sensors and controls primarily in the Americas, the Asia Pacific, and Europe. It operates in two segments, Sensors and Controls. Sensata Technologies Holding B.V has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 803.8, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Sensata Technologies Holding B.V a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sensata Technologies Holding B.V as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Sensata Technologies Holding B.V Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV