Velti (VELT) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Software & Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Velti fell 13 cents (-1.1%) to $11.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Velti exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 797,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.08-$12.34 after having opened the day at $11.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.50. Other company's within the Computer Software & Services industry that declined today were: China Information Technology (CNIT), down 16%, Dynamics Research Corporation (DRCO), down 13.2%, Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution (KONE), down 11%, and NCI (NCIT), down 8.7%. Velti plc provides mobile marketing and advertising solutions for mobile operators, ad agencies, brands, and media groups. Velti has a market cap of $712.3 million and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 69.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Velti a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Velti as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full Velti Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VELT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV