Credit Suisse Group (CS) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Credit Suisse Group fell $1.02 (-3.9%) to $25.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of Credit Suisse Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.89-$25.56 after having opened the day at $25.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.21. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Central Virginia Bankshares (CVBK), down 35.5%, Sun Bancorp (SNBC), down 9.4%, Fidelity Bancorp (FSBI), down 6.7%, and Camco Financial (CAFI), down 5.9%. Credit Suisse Group AG, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a financial services company. The company operates in three segments: Private Banking, Investment Banking, and Asset Management. Credit Suisse Group has a market cap of $31.24 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.5, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 17.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Credit Suisse Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Credit Suisse Group as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Credit Suisse Group Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV