Motorola Solutions Inc. (MSI): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner
Motorola Solutions (MSI) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Motorola Solutions rose $2.63 (5.4%) to $51.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.1 million shares of Motorola Solutions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.32-$51.85 after having opened the day at $49.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.66. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Calix (CALX), up 12.9%, Parametric Sound (PAMT), up 8.8%, Clearfield (CLFD), up 7.5%, and Infinera Corporation (INFN), up 7%. Motorola Solutions, Inc. provides communication infrastructure, devices, software, and services for government and enterprise customers worldwide. Motorola Solutions has a market cap of $14.17 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.1, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 14.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Motorola Solutions a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Motorola Solutions as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Motorola Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV