Tiffany (TIF) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, Tiffany rose $2.48 (3.8%) to $68.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Tiffany exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $66.59-$68.43 after having opened the day at $66.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.93. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: iParty Corporation (IPT), up 24.7%, Lithia Motors (LAD), up 7.6%, Zagg (ZAGG), up 7.5%, and Cabela's (CAB), up 6.1%. Tiffany & Co., through its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, and retail of fine jewelry worldwide. Tiffany has a market cap of $8.47 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.7, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 0.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Tiffany a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tiffany as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Tiffany Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TIF
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV