Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. (CX): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Winner
Cemex S.A.B. de C.V (CX) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Cemex S.A.B. de C.V rose 44 cents (6.5%) to $7.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, 17 million shares of Cemex S.A.B. de C.V exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.80-$7.21 after having opened the day at $6.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.73. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Standard Pacific (SPF), up 6.8%, Real Goods Solar (RSOL), up 6.8%, M/I Homes (MHO), up 6.1%, and TRC Companies (TRR), up 5%. CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V., through its subsidiaries, engages in the production, marketing, distribution, and sale of cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and other construction materials worldwide. Cemex S.A.B. de C.V has a market cap of $7.26 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are up 24.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Cemex S.A.B. de C.V a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cemex S.A.B. de C.V as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Cemex S.A.B. de C.V Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV