Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS): Today's Featured Leisure Winner
Las Vegas Sands (LVS) pushed the Leisure industry higher today making it today's featured leisure winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Las Vegas Sands rose $2.38 (4.2%) to $58.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11.2 million shares of Las Vegas Sands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.93-$58.80 after having opened the day at $57.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.40. Other companies within the Leisure industry that increased today were: Good Times Restaurants (GTIM), up 9.9%, Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), up 9.2%, Premier Exhibitions (PRXI), up 9%, and Cosi (COSI), up 7.5%. Las Vegas Sands Corp., together with its subsidiaries, owns, develops, and operates various integrated resort properties primarily in the United States, Macau, and Singapore. Las Vegas Sands has a market cap of $41.75 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.5, equal to the average leisure industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 32% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Las Vegas Sands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Las Vegas Sands as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has not been very careful in the management of its balance sheet.
- You can view the full Las Vegas Sands Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV