Allstate Corp (ALL): Today's Featured Insurance Winner
Allstate (ALL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Allstate rose 48 cents (1.5%) to $33.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.6 million shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.82-$33.40 after having opened the day at $33.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.81. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Aflac (AFL), up 7.8%, Crawford & Company (CRD.B), up 6.2%, MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG), up 5.8%, and Radian Group (RDN), up 5.4%. The Allstate Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the personal property and casualty insurance, life insurance, and retirement and investment products business primarily in the United States. Allstate has a market cap of $16.02 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.5, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Allstate a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Allstate as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV